First Baptist Church of Philomath was established as an independent church in 1953. We’ve enjoyed over fifty years of ministry in the community at a number of locations. The church moved into its current facility at 26th and Applegate in 1972, adding the sanctuary in 1982. Just recently we expanded into our new educational wing which includes new classrooms, offices, nursery, restrooms, and a large foyer.
First Baptist is an independent Baptist church affiliated with the Conservative Baptist Association of America, the Conservative Baptist Association of the Northwest, Missions Door, and World Venture. Though associated with these organizations, we are an independent church, completely self-governed. We choose our own staff, including our pastor, our own buildings and property, and determine our own programs and ministries.